The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening

The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening

Kindle & comiXology
320
English
N/A
N/A
18 Oct
Various
The Art of Fire Emblem Awakening contains an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the smash-hit 3DS game, from beautifully illustrated renditions of your favorite characters, to storyboards for in-game events, character designs, weapon designs, character profiles, and the entirety of the script with every possible branch of dialogue! Relive some of the most poignant moments of the game, or see what might have been if you had made different in-game decisions with the Art of Fire Emblem Awakening!

Reviews (185)

Great art book

Exactly same as the Japanese version except it's in English and has hard cover

Great art book for aspiring artists and/or Fire Emblem and Nintendo fans!

I purchased this book last year as a Christmas gift for my close friend who is a huge fan of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I was able to skim through it with her, much to my excitement! The book itself comes in at over 300 pages of in-game CGs, official art, concept, sketches and in-game dialogue. Many of these pages are in full-color and in my experience, each and every page is printed in high quality. The Art of Fire Emblem: Awakening is a gorgeous art book. Aspiring character designers will find inspiration through the amazing works of Yusuke Kozaki. Even those who don't have interest in Fire Emblem will have to appreciate the sheer effort and creativity demonstrated by the talented artists and developers of Fire Emblem: Awakening. This is overall one of the most in-depth video game art books I've ever seen, and I highly recommend it to anyone who may be on-the-fence about purchasing it. Not to mention, it also serves as a great and thoughtful gift to any Fire Emblem or Nintendo fans you may have in your life.

Good artbook, small quality and damage issues

Content wise, the book is very good and contained a lot more than I expected. (In addition to concept art and official CG's, there are also cutscene storyboards, results of fan-polls, einherjer illustrations, epilogue flavor-text, and full support conversation logs.) I also appreciated the translated notes in the concept art, and the extra commentary boxes from the creative team. Unfortunately, there are some minor printing errors(?) in the book. Ink smears (see pictures of: Basilio's hand, the shadows in Flavia's portrait, the outside of Brady's silhouette, and the storyboard pages) and some white patchiness (see picture of Severa's hand, this also occurs a few other times but not as noticeably). These errors are confined to the marriage proposal CGs and the start of the cutscene storyboards and aren't a problem in any of the other sections, so it may be a one-off error. Additionally my book was damaged on the bottom when I received it (see pictures). I'm not sure if this happened during shipping from Amazon/USPS, or if the damage was already present before shipping, but other reviewers have encountered similar problems, so keep that in mind when ordering. Overall it's a good book, the printing errors and damage aren't enough to overshadow my enjoyment of its content. However, my excitement was definitely dampened upon seeing the physical damage to the book (honestly the ink problems didn't bother me too much since they weren't incredibly large or obscuring anything too important). If possible I would've given this a 3.5, but I'll go with 4 instead of a 3 because I'm not sure which party is at fault for the damage to the book.

This is easily one of the best art books I have ever ...

This is easily one of the best art books I have ever purchased and an absolute steal at the price. Double check the stats: 320 pages at 9x12. Not only is it full of great pictures it has a complete collection of character quotes and support dialogue. If you love Fire Emblem I think this is a must buy.

Fantastic book for fan and collector alike

Bought this because I enjoy the Fire Emblem series and hands down Awakening is my favorite game of the series. From my understating this book is every bit like the original one released in Japan but in English. The quality of is book is fantastic with great colored pages and hard cover. I ordered two of these books ( one for myself and the other as a gift to my brother). Be warned however for Amazon doesn't provide much packing protection and on both my orders the books arrived loose in a box. Neither book was dinged up too badly but just don't expect it to arrive in mint condition. Both arrived with slightly dinged corners. Great buy overall and way cheaper than the Japanese original at 19 dollars and some change as I write this review.

Impeccable

This book is impeccable. It has a ton of information, amazing concept art and interesting data from fans of the series. I have never played a Fire Emblem game but I purchased it for the concept art which I am very happy with. The extra content is great as well.

This Book will make you try the games. Amazing does not do this book justice.

I will try and keep this review short. The details, character sketches, story boards, everything that is in this book. Amazing. This book made me dust off my Nintendo 3ds, and buy the new Fire Emblem game Fates. (I will be getting Awakening too, but back to the book lol) So much detail into each character, when reading their scripts (yes this books has all of their dialogues) you feel their personality. A true RPG this book will inspire you if you are an artist, writer, or not. I personally hope they come out with an art book for Fates. I took a chance with buying this, and let me say Jack Pot. It has turned me into a Fire Emblem fan. Well Done

Fire Emblem Awakening Tome Defies Expectations! Best Video Game Art Book In My Collection To Date!

The Fire Emblem Awakening Art Book by Dark Horse is an amazing 320 page tome with so much Fire Emblem goodies that it wouldn't be a surprise if FE fans get information overload reading through this. From the extensive collection of concept art, character profiles as well as complete Support Conversation dialogues all collected at the end of this epic book.. This is a must have for all JRPG fans who love collecting art books. Do not miss out, click on the item and buy it now!!

Dreams have come true

What an awesome book! Character Designs, concept sketches, Full sketch of every character in the game AND weapen designs as well and thats just from skimming through the first half of the book! I cannot wait to dive into this book as I absolutely fell in love with the art of the characters profiles when they spoke in Fire Emblem: Awakening SUPER excited!! NOTE: some corners of the book though were squished and creased when it arrived in the perfectly undamaged packaging which I'm slightly dissapointed at that since it is sold as NEW and it was shipped to me with them

Absolutely wonderful for Fire Emblem: Awakening fans

Book arrived with a very small dent on the top of the cover, and one very minor printing error that didn't affect the look of the page it was on. According to other reviews, the damage and printing errors can be much worse, so please exercise caution when ordering! That said, as an Awakening fan, this art book is lovely! It includes all of the story and marriage CGs, character profiles and concept sketches, and lots of dialogue and tidbits from the game. I was also happily surprised to see storyboards for many of the animated cutscenes. I'd highly recommend this if you are someone who enjoys seeing what goes into the visuals of games, and especially if you're an Awakening fan.

Related Books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

to quote my ex "watch me"

Rockville RV10.2A 1000w Dual 10" Car Subwoofer Enclosure+Mono Amplifier+Amp Kit